The Senior Network Engineer becomes part of an enthusiastic team where entrepreneurship, intensive cooperation, an open attitude and pragmatism are central to the culture.
Our ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of the technical landscape of optical infrastructure and active network technology. Combining deep knowledge of networking, security and the capacity to formulate important network decision-making based on business and customer requirements. Capable to autonomously execute and manage projects and processes with our team and third parties.
Because AFIBER is a fast-growing organization and the level of its services likes to be higher than the other players in the industry, the Senior Network Engineer is also expected to make an active contribution to process improvement and the associated procurement issues and team expansions.
Portfolio and responsibilities:
Management tasks (initial period)
AFIBER expects the candidate to have:
– An open, critical and pragmatic view of technology, team and deployment of resources
– A sense of ownership of one’s own domain, cooperative towards overlapping domains
– Knowledge of network security
– Strong communication and proactive
– Excellent level of the English language
– Driver’s license B, traveling independently through Europe
– Full-time employment (40 hours)
– Growth potential within the role itself as well as leadership opportunity
– Help build the success of a new player with major European ambitions
– A wide diversity of activities and a grip on the further fulfillment of one’s own responsibilities
– Flexible working and relaxed dress code
– Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
– Availability of a car (via reimbursement or made available by AFIBER)
– Short lines, a lot of independence
Applications for the role of Senior Network Engineer can be send to email@example.com
AFIBER empowers clients with software controlled, network-independent optical transmission services. We operate fiber networks with elastic optical transmission capabilities. Our clients range from national SMB’s to global enterprises with over $100bn in yearly revenues.
AFIBER services are built on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology and connectivity efficiencies to allow customers integrate, distribute and manage high performance data transport across organizations, data centers and customers more effectively.
AFIBER has released a secure API for our carrier and managed services partners to add the AFIBER network into front- and back-end applications, including our fiber-to-the-office locations in automated pre-sale coverage checks.Read more ❯
AFIBER invites you to join us at the annual networking summit on digital infrastructure, Kickstart Europe - January 27-28 at RAI Amsterdam. Meet our leadership team and discuss latest developments on network and connectivity infrastructure.Read more ❯