AFIBER is growing and is looking for a hands-on, Junior Network Engineer who is passionate about fiber optic and network technology and helping build a growing organization. You will become part of an enthusiastic team in which entrepreneurship, collaboration, openness and pragmatism are central to the culture.
If you gave a good understanding of Windows and Linux server environments, network infrastructure and various network configurations based on Dark Fiber, exposed CWDM/DWDM paths and Ethernet, that’s great.
If you are a starter and want to develop these technical skills, we have training available to get you up to speed so feel welcome. Learn and grow fast with a great team!
AFIBER works for leading clients such as Youfone, Intermax, Talpa and RTL Nederland. You combine technical knowledge and different customer situations to make important choices and to implement or manage with third parties together with Senior Engineer.
Because AFIBER is a growing organization and likes to raise the level of its services higher than the other players in the industry, the Junior Network Engineer will also be expected to make an active contribution to process improvement and associated purchasing issues.
Network Engineer duties
- Support in configuring and setting up customer circuits
- Technical support of the network architect in both active and passive connections; research, innovation, monitoring technical possibilities;
- Manage network software, configure customer circuits and deploy logical optical network paths;
- Manage Layer 1 and Layer 2 Ethernet and L2/3 out-of-band Management Network (Vlans/OSPF/BGP);
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on a technical/commercial level;
- Dialogue and support of pre-sales, sales and delivery;
- Hands-on, autonomous and practical approach, where necessary technically solve matters yourself (e.g. ‘screw work’);
- Technical affinity
- An open, critical and pragmatic view of technology, team and use of resources;
- Strong communicator, friendly and proactive (with regard to customer contact);
- Excellent level of the English language;
- Driving license B;
- Knowledge of Linux (KVM / QEMU / Centos) is a plus;
- Full-time employment (32-40 hours), flexible deployment;
- Customized benefits and salary based on individual profile;
- Company car and development budget for training and education;
- Contribute to the success of a new telecom player with great ambitions;
- A great diversity of activities and a grip on the further interpretation of own responsibilities;
- Good working atmosphere, nice colleagues and a lot of independence.
For more information or direct application, send your CV with a short introduction message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition by intermediaries and agencies in response to this vacancy is not allowed.
AFIBER is an independent provider of fiber optic connectivity for business customers and service providers. We help organizations with the delivery and management of high-quality networks between branches, data centers, cloud providers, and providers of network and IT services.
AFIBER offers business customers fiber optic coverage in a large part of the Netherlands. This fiber optic network is connected to the main data centers and various regional and national fiber optic networks. This enables us to make an independent choice for our customers for the right connectivity for your company network.